Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:36 PM   #1
Default Stuck on stupid

I have just bought another digital camera. I just can't help myself. This makes approx. 42nd one. But I really like this one, its a Samsung Digimax v4. I read your pages on it Steve, looking for a reason for why I cant get past the flashing AF indicator in the back on top.If I take the card out and start it up then i can go thru the menu of everything. I changed something that when I put the card in and turned it on it worked! Then I must have changed it back. It went back to doing the same thing.while the AF light is flashing, I cant do anything, not even turn it off. Then by opening the batt. It shuts down but then the lens stays out, quite a bit! Thought you or someone else has had this come up also! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
ic2damfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:33 AM   #2

What kind of card are you using in it?

The original specifications called for a maximum card size of 256MB. But, chances are you can get a 1GB or 2GB SD card to work with it. But, it will not be compatible with an SDHC card.

You'll need to stick with SD (not SDHC) cards that are 2GB or smaller to have a chance of getting it working. Since that camera does not support the newer FAT32 file system, a card would also need to be formatted as FAT (a.k.a., FAT16) versus FAT32.

So, if removing and inserting a card caused it to work momentarily, I'd guess that you're trying to use a card that's just not compatible with a camera that old (and/or reformatted it using something like FAT32, since that camera doesn't support FAT32 like a newer camera would).

Of course, that is an 11 year old camera model. So, it may have technical issues, too (mechanical problems with lens mechanism, problems with electrical components, etc.) They don't always work forever. ;-)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote