Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Nov 27, 2015, 6:04 AM   #1
Default Konica Minolta Z3 Lens Query

Hello Members...I am new to forum posting so expect the worst and you will not be disappointed! I need help with a Konica Milnolta Z3. She stopped focussing at all except at maximum telephoto position. I started into the camera and have discovered a brass bearing floating around inside. It had black securing adhesive around it clearly meant to stop it coming adrift. OK, so I delved deeper and now have reached the point where the lens is free of the case altogether to discover the place where the bearing came from. Beneath the bearing I discover a long shaft which should have been retained by the bearing but it is projecting too far by about 1.5mm. to get the bearing to seat properly. I have fished around with a toothpick to try to centralise whatever is at the bottom of the shaft hole without success. Does anyone know what is at the bottom of the shaft or do I have to dismantle the lens entirely to get at it???

I see I am listed as a junior member....at the age of 83 I am delighted!!

Last edited by Track1; Nov 27, 2015 at 6:06 AM. Reason: Further comment.
Track1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:47 AM   #2

Hello Track1 !

First, I want to thank you for joining, and welcome you to Steve's Forums.

Secondly, I want to let you know that I myself have never taken apart a Minolta Z3, so I'm sorry to say I can't help you. I can wish you the best of luck with your project though.

Good luck, and please report back and let us know if you are successful in resurrecting your Z3. Those were great cameras in their day.

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:21 AM   #3

Thanks for that billy. I have taken lots of pics during the dismantling process which may be useful to someone in future. It is actually fairly straight forward if you grit your teeth and get on with it!! It is always nice to know someone has been there before!
Track1 is offline   Reply With Quote