Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Welcome! Introduce yourself here

Old Jun 15, 2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Default Hello from South Tyneside,North East England

Just joined the forum. My main camera is the Nikon D7100 dslr, I also have a Fuji HS50 EXR Bridge Camera, and for travel, I use a Panasonic Lumix TZ60 compact. First started out with Photography in 1974, starting with a Zenith B camera.Over the years using Practica,Ricoh and Nikon film cameras. Then came digital. First decent digital was a Fuji S7000, then a Fuji S9500, which was not a good camera. I then got a Nikon D50, Nikon D5000 and finally the D7100. I use the Lumix TZ60 for holidays rather than carry the D7100 around. I don't use any fancy software, although I do have Photoshop(don't know if it works with mac though, as it is is an old version) I just software built in to the mac or Nikon software. I am 63 years old and have been retired for 18 months now.
martinfbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:31 PM   #2

G'day Martin

Welcome to Steve's ... you'll find us a hearty mob of keen photographers using all sorts of kit, and an even greater variety of "coke bottles" bolted onto that kit

As to your old photoshop ... have a sqwiz at the latest version of Elements for mac ~ much cheaper than the full CS suite and it has heaps & heaps of things available to fiddle with

When you feel up to it, how about a few images of your home town / district & stuff that you find interesting

Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:02 AM   #3

Thanks very much for the welcome. I will try and post some photos of the local area.
martinfbrown is offline   Reply With Quote