Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:55 PM   #1

Hi. I'm not really a big camera person, but I find having a pocketable digi cam makes me take more pictures and capture more memories i normally wouldn't. I've previously owned a canon powershot s20 and s50 and i'm looking for a new camera. I strongly prefer Canon's as they are easy to use and the image quality seems to be as good if not better than most comparable models of other manufacturers, but I'd consider others if needed or advised to.

What I'm looking for is a camera that allows you to take movie footage as well as still images at the same time. Do any models even do this? I find it hard to decide if I want to video something happening or if I want to take stills. Therefore a camera that'd allow both would be ideal if said animal exists. I havnt read anywhere that one does, however I could just be missing it in the newer model feature sets. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

robnwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:33 PM   #2

Sorry, I'm 99% sure nobody has that function.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:25 AM   #3

The Sanyo Xacti C range might be what you are looking for.

It says, "The Xacti C6 employs SANYO's newly developed proprietary image-adaptive data processing technology, which enables you to shoot MPEG-4 movies and 6-megapixel stills simultaneously." though I think you get a pause in the video when you do choose to take a still shot.

If you don't need to enlarge your shots, you can take video and then screen capture any frames you like for your stills.

Hope this helps.
Cole22 is offline   Reply With Quote