Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

I have a Nikon digital slr and am in need of a pocket camera. I am thinking about purchasing a panasonic lx2 that is already out or coming out later this month.

Strengths would be size, ability to shoot raw, 28mm wide angle, 10+ megapixel, $500 retail price.

Negatives might be sensor noise (unless corrected lx1 issues that I have only read about), no viewfinder other than lcd. Any shutter lag time would also be disappointing.

Camera size, ability to shoot raw, manual focus, manual modefor bracketing shotswould be of high interest.

If anyone has any better suggestions please respond. Any lx1 or even better lx2 experiences would be helpful.

tcr1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:20 PM   #2

the LX1 has a sister camera from Leica
the Leica D-Lux 2 always appealed to me
and its be easier to find blogs about it if you google the name, Leica stuff seems to accumulate more vocal followers, so i think you would find more hits than the Pana version, but esentially, by my understanding there is very little difference between them

you wont get any user reports about cameras pre release other than press releases
user experiences are far more usefull, with professional reports like steves for reliable ballance

Rriley is offline   Reply With Quote