Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:56 AM   #1

I'm going on a trip to New Zealand and in that connection I have decided to buy a good compact camera for about 500$, well I live in the Europe so they are more expensive here, but what I have seen on this site then it's about 300-400$. But the camera should also be one I can use in the future.
I have studied some compact cameras, but I really don't know which one is best and need a little proffesional expertise.
These are the ones I have been looking at:
Canon SD600
Canon SD630
Casio EX-Z1000
Sony T10
Sony T30
Olympus 720 SW
Fujifilm FinePix F30
Sony Cybershot W70
Samsung NV10

I have asked at an other site, where they were positive about the last 3 ones exept from the NV10 to which they said that it might be good. But now I want to hear your oppinion that which one is best of these and also if there is another compact camera that is better than tese ones. Thank you!
Fischer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:05 PM   #2

Here's a couple good links to research:

I'd say go with the F30 if you want any manual controls or want to take many pictures indoors (& I own one).

720SW is a nice convenient all around model which is very durable--waterproof, shock proof (supposd to be able to be dropped from 5 feet).

And the Sony and Canon models are both good all around models and very popular. I don't know the Casio model, but I know in general they have some good ultra compacts, small size and very quick performers from shot to shot.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote