Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:35 PM   #1

I have an old Canon Elan 2 canera with some good lenses and a flash. I haven't used the camera in years, but I have some expensive lenses and a good flash. Today someone came over with a new digital canon to photograph me for an interview and I found out my old lenses worked on his camera. So - now I'm thinking I should buy a Canon digital body.

I have the 28-80 mm lens and a 75-300 mm lens with image stabalization.

But - so many choices.

I like my toys, but how much camera do I really need? I don't want to go too nuts on this so want to keep it under $1000. So what is important?

One thing I wish Canon had was a tilt and swivel screen.

What's important to me? I like a simplicity option. When the shot happens I need to get the picture quickly. I want to point and shoot and have the camera be ready to take the shot without having to mess with it. I like some manual stuff but I rarely use it. Easy is what I like.

I currently have a Nikon E8800 and I'm not happy with it. When I put the wide angle lens on it I have to reprogram the darn think for the new lens and it sucks. I'm always having to screw with setting to get the shot I want. My favorite camera was a Sony Mavica 91 I used to have. If I had that camera with more megapixles and modern memory I would be a happy camper.

I like long battery life.

Megapixles is not a huge issue for me. 5+ is good enough. Good pictures in low light without a flash would be great.

So - read my mind and tell me what I want and why.
mperkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links