Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 25, 2006, 5:43 AM   #1

After months of researching whether to get a prosumer or DSLR, I believe I am ready to buy the Pentax K100D. I plan to order it from beach camera. Does any one have any last bits of advice about the K100D and/or beach camera?
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2006, 5:54 AM   #2

I live in PA, does anyone know if beach cameras 8-10 day free shipping really takes that long? I can drive there in 3 hours LOL!
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:40 AM   #3

Request free shipping, you'll have it in 1-2 business days since you're on the East coast. I've purchased from beach and their sister sitebuydigthree times and the cameras have always shipped the same afternoon and I'vereceived it next day when shipping to my office and two days shipping to my home. My most recent purchase was the K100D, I haven't had a chance to use it much but so far I'm very happy with this camera.
JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 6:47 AM   #4

I second that. I'm in PA also, and I got mine FAST. If you choose the free shipping it will still go out the door either the very same day you place the order or the very next day, and it will get to you in one day. I love my K100D!
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:00 AM   #5

I have shopped a lot at Beach Camera, and being on the west coast I was prepared for a delay. However, they have always beaten that 8 to 10 day estimate by a wide margin. I have had some orders arrive in as little as three days.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 9:31 AM   #6

I have to echo what has already been said here. I and a freind have both bought from Beach/Buydig and have been happy with them. Always have used the cheapest shipping and received the items in 3 or 4 days. Also they don't email or call you trying to get you to buy overpriced accessories. If I had the money I would also be ordering a K100D from them.
thmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 1:54 PM   #7

I entered my order for the K10D kit at Beach Camera yesterday afternoon. I took the free shipping, 8 to 10 days, however I expect the goods to show up on the front porch probably Wednesday or Thursday. Very happy with the selection - after the extended wait and all the reading and research I did.

I also ordered the Pentax 50 - 200 zoom lens from Adorama.

My wife and sons are also happy that they were finally able to get me something that I had been wanting, so in their eyes - the delaying tactics were a success.....
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 2:43 PM   #8

I've also ordered from beach/buydig and had same experience.

One word of caution - stay away from bundled kits (where beach throws together accessories like memory, bags, filters etc.) Many on-line vendors temp you with these kits they put together. In reality you're either getting poor quality merchandise or overpaying. Lenses, memory, cases, etc. are best purchased on an individual basis. You'll get better quality, better pricing and you won't end up buying an item you don't really want. This is how they make their money - they have a slim margin on the camera and a huge margin on these packages.

So, buy the camera with whatever kit lens(es) that camera is offered with by the manufacturer and price out anything else you mmight want separately (usually from another vendor).

JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote