Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:31 AM   #1

Can someone out there help me? I cant seem to find any smaller digital cameras with a built in 28 mm lens. Im a realtor and need the wide angle for interiors. I have a Sony now and the auxiliary lenses toally deteriorate the quality of the photos. I used to have an older kodak that had the wide angle...but its only a 3.1 megapixel and its losing ground now.

Please help me....I would love some choices without having to go to a full blown SLR.

Thank you in advance for anyone's suggestion.
californiarealtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 3:22 AM   #2

A stop gap would be to use software: Autostitch with your existing camera. I've used Autostitch to combine 50 plus photos into 1 panoramic shot.

A second option would be to buy a wide angle lens add on for your camera. If your camera does not have threading you may use those that make use of magnetic lens mounts. An example would be at this website:

I have not tried the wide angle lens, only the 2x telephoto but the magnet is pretty sturdy.

Good luck with your choice.

al1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 4:12 AM   #3

Panasonic FX07 &FX50

Ricoh R40, R5

Although i'd got for the panasonics, build in image stabilzer and leica lens, the FX07 is $599 (aussie dollar) but an awesoem little camera.
RightyInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:32 AM   #4

However, for a lot less money you counld use either a Kodak V-570 or the P-880. Both are available from Costco and both are much wider that the 28mm wide angle available on the Panasonic cameras. The P-880 has a true 24mm lens which will cover a lot more area.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote