Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 4, 2006, 11:58 AM   #1

I desperately need some help in deciding on a camera to buy. I have been looking online for about2 weeks now at reviews on various consumer and editor websites. Every time I think I have finally come to a decision, I either find another camera I am interested in, or bad reviews on the one I have decided on.

What I am looking for is a ultra-compact camera that can fit in my purse. I don't really have much need for a camera that takes great video, but great pictures is a must. I will be using the camera indoors as well as outdoors, but maybe more inside, so I need a pretty decent flash. I would like at least a 6 mp and at least a 2.5" LCD.

I am very hesitant to go into a Best Buy or anything because I feel like they have no idea what they are talking about. And I have had bad experience going into camera shops and having the employees trying to sell me the most expensive cameras they have.

Oh, and my price range is no more than I'd say about $400.

I would really appreciate ANY input you all have from experience or personal preference or anything!

The cameras I have had my eye on are:

Sony DSC-T10

Canon SD700 IS and SD 800 IS

Casio Exilim EX-Z750 and EX-Z850 and EX-S770

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Any and all thoughts are much appreciated! Have a great day everyone!

kimsteg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:33 PM   #2

Your Canon choices are good, as is the Sony T-10. You might also want to look at the Samsung NV-7 and NV-10 which have also gotten good press.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 7:59 AM   #3

All three are really good cameras, you can't go wrong. Go to the store and use them and find out which feels right for you to hold and which one has menu's you can understand.* You don't need them to help you, just try to use them yourself. When you are talking about cams of essentially similar quality, the user interface is probably as important as anything else in determining whether you like it. The difference between the Casio's is mostly the degree of manual control, so you need to decide if you need that or not.
benedik is offline   Reply With Quote