Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:06 AM   #1

Thank God you guys exist, as you may be just the people to solve my little problem. I am currently trying to source\recommend a camera to be used by children between 8 and 16 years of age that meets the following spec:

USB 2 Connectivity
SD\Card based removable media
Video - Stills - MP3 capability
One button use, or very, very easy to use (remeber, it is for children)
Price up to (GBP £120) approx $200
Must be available in the UK

Do you have any suggestions, or can point me in the right direction? Many thanks.
dos_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 6, 2006, 1:20 PM   #2

When I was advising for camera sales, I would have the kids try them out and they usually went for what was cool looking. Most ended up liking the ease of use of the Kodaks. As for MP3 capabilities, I don't know of any cameras that have that feature.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:05 PM   #3

While I'm not sure about USB 2......

the kodak's are easy to use....however the sony and canon models take far better photos (the sony uses their own memory stick not sd, though)

with exception of maybe the younger ones...the kids pick up technology better than most adults

don't be afraid to get a model that has been replaced...you can save considerable moneythat way...for example...I believe the canon 530(?) goes for about 150 in america...it was just replaced

if you had asked that question a couple of years ago, I would have had a different answer....I own olympus.....but they are nowpretty mediocore at best

Also consider samsung...they make some inexpensive models

out of curiousity, why do you need to remove the card from the camera since you can plug any camera into the computer with the USB cable?

also, one feature you will probably want....is an optical zoom...not digital zoom....optical moves the lens back and forth...digital just enlarges the pic and reduces the quality

gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:12 PM   #4

check these two out as a possibility

remember most cameras have an automatic point and shoot mode...kids can just turn on the camera and snap
gregg is offline   Reply With Quote