Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 10, 2006, 6:08 PM   #1

I have an olympus 5050. I love the camera. The trouble is I want to make 11x14" prints with some croping. I shoot a lot of flowers. And small crawly things. I want to get a used 8080 but am having trouble finding one. I want a point and shoot at least 8 mp. I ll appreciate any suggestions.Id really like to hear what you all recommend---- Or should I wait for the 8080 or are there better cameras on the market
bhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2006, 3:51 AM   #2

are there better cameras on the market

Hi bhub,

Unfortunately, the Olympus C-8080 pro-sumerhas long been phased out.

You will be better off with the Canon EOS-350D (Digital Rebel XT) http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigital2/index.html. It is a dSLR, and ithas superb resolution and image quality; you can also add on your favorite lensesto it. :-) (But you must buy Canon lenses for it though) :Recommended: You can get a macro lens for your dSLR if you want to shoot macros. (Just check out the lens selection)

Keep in mind tha Sigma, Tamron, and Tokina lenses are also compatiblewith the Canon EOS-350D dSLR. (Butif you want to be assured that everything goes right, get Canon lenses for Canon dSLRs) [That case, Canon can be responsible for anything thatmight gowrong]

There are hardly any 8 M.P. C-8080level cameras around anymore, so I think the EOS 350D dSLR will be agoodchoice.

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote