Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:40 PM   #1

I am looking for a not too expensive ultra zoom camera. Based on price and features I have narrowed it down to the Panasonic FZ7 or the Sony H5.

95% of the usage time will point and shoot however in time I will want to experiment. Images will be both indoors and outdoors, family pics and landscapes.

I guess I need the camera that take the best shots in auto mode but one that is also accomodating for a novice who is looking to learn how to use a camera properly.

Any advice would be welcome.

johnpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:29 PM   #2

I am no expert, but just a consumer who looked around.* i decided on the Sony H5 because it had a much better and brighter LCD and viewfinder and i liked the interface more. * *I thought the Panasonic seemed a bit ligher and cheaper feeling, but my camera store guru swore by it.* I think it really comes down to a personal choice at this level.* I also got lucky the week Circuit City was selling the H5 for $359.
Lenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 12:49 AM   #3

personally from the two choices u have made .. i like the Panny Fz7 .. its got a long exposure of 1minute ... which can come in handy for good night shots ... or night landscapes.
Personally im not a big sony fan ... i feel their products are overpriced .. and also they use the Pro duo memorysticks ... which add the cost much more than the SD cards.
Sony only supplies 2 AA batteries and charger ... so u have to buy 2more .... and u have to buy sony batteries itself .. cuz any other brand wont match the charger ....
The SOny people are really cunning about this .... lol

I like the Fz7's look ... especially with hood on ... it looks like a pro.

No hard feelings for the Sony users ..... its a personall call after all ...

good luck
sr2002 is offline   Reply With Quote