Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:20 AM   #1

I just bought a digi-life DDV-5120A at a physician's meeting for family/recreational use. My husband is worried because it's not recognized label (ie. Sony). Can you give me some information about the quality of this? I paid $360. Is this reasonable? Is this worth keeping or should I return it?
tinker123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:16 AM   #2

I hope you can help me, because a M.D. friend just bought me one of these digilife DDV-5120A at the anesthesia convention held at McCormick Place, Chicago IL at a booth setup. I got it home and the microphone doesn't work. Now that I see the reviews it looks like a major problem. I do not know where to return it to and no retailer sells or repairs this brand of camera in the Northwest Chicago Suburbs that I can find. Do you have any information on where to return this too? Let me know if you have had the same problem with your camera. The video looks good but no recorded sound. Thanks for any help.

Karmasdestiny :?
karmasdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:27 PM   #3

I have a 5120A and the microphones are notoriously weak on these cameras. Does it record any sound if you shout into the microphone? Though these cameras are rare and Digilife is almost unknown in North America, they do have a website www.digilifeusa.com, and if you look on eBay, there is trade in them. There is a forum here for cameras like the 5120A.

Otherwise, given all the other things the camera does, it might be of use to someone who doesn't need a live soundtrack with their video.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote