Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:25 AM   #1

[images removed by moderator]

Believe it or not, the girl in the photos is a "self-photographer", she uses a timer.. I am so captivated by the quality of her photos and how the camera captures the color so well.

Hi everyone, I am new to cameras.. I hope you can help me understand them a bit more..

As you have seen the photos above, there's no sense in me describing what kind of a camera I would like to purchase as the photos above illustrate the kind of camera I would want, I need your help in helping me find a camera that produces such great quality photos and captures colour well

I'm thinking a digital camera? I have no budget, so cost is not an issue

The camera will mostly be used for "self-photography" and taking pictures of my mother who is a model

Any suggestions on what camera I should get?

jayla86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2006, 2:33 AM   #2

So you're saying it's the ability of the camera to capture color that has you captivated? It's just a coincidence that the subject happens to be a half-naked woman?

No shirt ... pants undone ... that's some good color! :-)

Seriously, though, there's no way she takes all her own pictures, and certainly not the ones you've posted here. I think the only ones that she took herself are the "self taken black & white" collection on her Flickr site. Kinda ironic, since the color is the part you like.

I think the more likely problem is a common ethnic fetish, and your post is pretty inappropriate. Actually, it's outright creepy.

Tostada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:18 AM   #3

Are these photos in the public domain?

If they're someone else's photos, you should be sure you have permission to post them, and at least include a link to the site they are from.

As for the question, you want a DSLR. Almost any will do.

Pay careful attention to lighting though as well. Some of the above may use natural light, but several are studio shots.

If you are interested in this type of photography, you might check out this site:

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:01 AM   #4

Please do not embed images that you did not take yourself, or hold the copyright for.

Some photographers do not appreciate this.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 11:12 AM   #5

Hahahaha, thank goodness! My INTERNET connection actually got stuck right at the moment I was viewing those pics, I had to spend as agonizing half minute looking at those photos before I could click back!
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote