Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2006, 8:21 PM   #1

I've read through many online reviews and it seems like the S3 is the best super zoom for the money.

Are there any others I should seriously consider?

Has anyone purchased from IbuyDigital.com?

I've also read I should put a filter on to protect the lens. What kind of filter and how much are they?

Noya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:19 PM   #2

You'll find a 10-12x Optical Super Zoom Category in our Best Cameras List with other models you may want to look at, too.

Make sure to read the Conclusion Section in each model's review to see how they stack up in different areas (startup time, Focus Speed/Relaibility, Cycle Times between photos, noise levels, viewfinder and LCD usability, image quality indoors and outdoors, etc.).

As for the vendor you're lookiing at, I wouldn't feel comfortable with them.

Many people keep a UV filter on a camera to help protect the lens. I personally don't use them anymore.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 4:17 PM   #3

I don't dispute the ratings but I've had great luck with ibuydigital.com
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:04 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies.

I did read through the "Best Camera List" and looked at all the models at the store. I probably would've purchased the Kodak Z612, but I couldn't get a comfortable grip on it. The Sony H5 was sweet (3.0" LCD) but out of my price range.

I ended up getting the S3 at Best Buy with a 12% off coupon I found online. At $351.99, it would've cost just about the same online with shipping.

As for a reputable seller, I usually froogle an item and stipulate 4 stars or higher when searching. Then I'll arrange by price from low-to-high and check out the websites, return policies, authorized seller, etc. and pick the best looking one. I guess I should dig deeper than what froogle shows.

I was going to purchase a SanDisk 1gb SD Ultra II card at Circut City ($35 after rebate). Of course they didn't have any in stock, and when I asked the girl at the front counter she looked up the #'s and said they don't even stock them...that they're special order. I HATE that sh*t. Show a good buy in the ad to bring the people in and don't even stock the item. I ended up grabbing a SanDisk 2gb SD card ($40 after rebates) as I wanted to take Halloween pics. What are the main differences between the standard SD card and the Ultra II?

Noya is offline   Reply With Quote