Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:40 PM   #1

My price range is 1000 dollars. I'm flexible but not very much higher.

I'm a complete beginer, I took some photography classes in Highschool but thats it. I want to be able to film a few things like my own personal concerts, or songs, usually just 3 mins or so, but it'd be nice to be able to film and hour or more.

I really want nice pictures too. I understand that MP's arent just the thing to look at but I would like something with 5mps or higher. Possibly an DSLR?

I've recently considered the Sanyo Hd1a but i'm skeptical.. should I go with a Dslr and a seperate camcorder instead? can I find 2 for the price range i have??

Should I not consider the DSLRS?? or the Sony H5 or the Canon S3SI instead? I'm torn on what to buy now..

Please helpp meee!!

Kohkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2006, 2:43 PM   #2

Well no dslrs that I am aware of have video mode.

The Canon and the Sony are worthy cameras, but the Canon while having the best movie mode with stereo soundhas a short video recording time, limited to files 1gb in size and at the highest setting around 8-9mins of recording time.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 10:27 PM   #3

Do you think I could find a worthy DSLR and Camcorder for 1000? I mean two seperate instruments, one Dslr and one camcorder.. both good.

When do you think the new line of cameras are coming out? december maybe? or way into next year?
Kohkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:51 PM   #4

Sorry, there is no way if you want both good!

Your best bet is to get a good DSC (Digital Still Camera) with your U.S. $1000. (You can get a really good one out of that) :idea:

Forget about the video...unless it is very important. (Remember that good quality video takes up a lot of space!)

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote