Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:15 PM   #1

are there any pocket cameras as good as my current casio's ex-750 but that has a high ISO rating with great quality such as the Fuji F30? Image/video stablizer would be a plus! I take a lot of video/pictures at clubs/music festivals, sample video/pictures at http://www.myspace.com/rizo83 (don't worry it's a very minimal myspace profile w/o music in the background)
rizo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:17 PM   #2

There are many pocket-able cameras out there that are better than your Casio Exilim EX-Z750, and the newer Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom as well; in general.

Ofcouse, the Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom has the best high ISO performance among all ofthe ultra compact digital cameras. However, it is inferior in other aspects. (Especially in functions) It's functions are generally basic and straightforward.

Your Casio Exilim EX-Z750 has better functions, but it's image quality is poor in quality compared to the other ultra compact to compact cameras out there. (The Fujifilm FinePix F30 certainly have a better image quality than it)

The cameras named out below are your best bet; (& they are all pocket-able)

Canon PowerShot A710 IS

Canon PowerShot A700

Canon PowerShot S80

Canon PowerShot G7 IS

Canon PowerShot A610

Canon PowerShot A620

Canon PowerShot A630

Canon PowerShot A640

Ricoh GR Digital

Sony DSC-N1

__________________________________________________ ___________

The reason why I didn't include the Leica D-LUX 3 IS, Leica D-LUX 2 IS, Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 IS, & the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 ISalthough they are all great cameras is because they all have poor high ISO performance. (But they all do have the best functions of all)

Click http://www.steves-digicams.comtofind out about thementioned cameras above.

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 12:39 AM   #3

Problem with Canon's is that they use MJPEG codec for video which fills up the memory card pretty quickly, same applies to Sony cameras which use MPEG Movie VX Fine. It's like 10 minutes per 1GB compared to the 30 minutes using 640x480 HQ I can get on the Casio EX-Z750 using MPEG-4/DivX. And I rather not use 320x240 as it's the max res on the Ricoh.

Now you see why I put "wish my ex-z750 would mate with a fuji f30" for the topic description
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:25 PM   #4

anyone else have recommendation or info on new upcoming cameras with such requested features? would really like a new camera before new years