Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,

I am looking to buy a digital camera and am baffled buy all the choices. I have got about 250-300 pounds to spend, and want the best one i can.

1, Is it better to have more mega pixels and less zoom, do i need optical and digital zoom? Most of my photos will be when i am on holiday, so i just want something slim which is easy to carry. I want something that i can mainly jusy point and press not too complicated, i have been looking at some sony and canon. What is the minimum pixels and zoom i should be looking at ? Sorry if i sound a bit silly but i hope all you experts on the forum can guide me in the right direction as i dont want to end up with a camera that is no good, i also want something that has all the gadgets to view the photos on my PC.
pixie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2006, 12:37 AM   #2

Don't worry about the megapixels unless you crop a lot of pics. Today's cameras are at least 5MP and that's just fine. You can buy a superzoom camera, but they are usually larger than other P&S cameras. Don't even look at digital zoom....it's a way to make cheap cameras look better than they are. I don't know how the pounds will translate into dollars so I'm unsure where your range is. Across the board, the Canon's will produce great pics with fast speeds. There are great cameras from other manufacturers, but some lines are better than others. Go to the store and look at some of the cameras and tell us which ones fit your criteria for size, style, and functions...then come back and tell us the list of the ones you like. We can't tell you that you need an ultra-compact or full sized camera.....that's going to be your preference.

KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote