Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 9, 2006, 3:56 PM   #1

Sorry about posting another question revolving around these cameras, but I still find myself unsure of what I need even after reading the other threads.

Main constraint is under $300, hence the Canan S2 instead of S3 and Sony H2 instead of H5.80% ofmy pictures are p&s of the family.....lots of inside, flashes, outdoor sports, etc. Would also like a good macro mode and a movie file easy to convert so can be played on a dvd.

I looked briefly at the store at the FZ7 and S3 (no S2 availble). Liked the build quality of the Canon and speed of the zoon. Panasonic felt cheap and the zoom was very slow. But image quality, especially in the circumstances I mentioned earlier are my biggest concern.

I appreciate anyones opinions on this.

TIA - Tommy

crash813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2006, 3:25 AM   #2

Between those I'd choose the H2 (probably even if the S3 were included). But if price is a concern, you might also look at the Fuji S5200. It also has very good image quality, and only lacks IS.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2006, 9:10 AM   #3

Only lacking IS for me would be a huge drawback. Read the reviews here at Steves regarding you choices. After reading dozens of reviews including the one's that you mentioned plus the Kodaks and the Canon 710is I've decided on the FZ7. It seems like it offers max bang for the buck at under $265 delivered.
inazsully is offline   Reply With Quote