Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 11, 2006, 2:03 PM   #1

I have posted on other forums but would like to hear what you guys thnk. Years ago, I did quite a bit of photography with 35 mm film SLRcameras. Did shots of family activities and photos for illustatiing magazine articles. These were outdoor magazines - fishing, hunting, shooting, etc. In those days B & W film was OK, now the magazines are using Digital color. I am now retiredand would like to try magazine writing again and I need a digitalcamera. The canera would be used for out door scenes - alsotrophy shots and close-ups of lures, expanded bullets, targets, etc. I would also use the camera for family stuff.

I am assuming that I need a SLR. Exactly what camera and lens would you buy? I would like to stay under $1000 for the complete package. I know almost nothing about digital. I have been researchingcameras but I just get more confused, so I need to keep it as simple as possible. I am not a real photography/camera nut - just need something that will get the job done.

GuyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2006, 4:44 PM   #2

I would suggest the Pentax K100d with the 18-55 kit lens. You get a simple interface, image stabilization, scene modes and the kit lens does a great job with close up photos and is considered one of the best kit lenses. It has a large LCD. Color and sharpness is great on this camera and you can use the manual settings if you want to. It is great for outdoor shots.
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote