Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:11 PM   #1

Hi All:My question is which would you buy if you were shopping? The one you have or another model? I've been looking for months and can't decide. There are so many to choose from, and Itend to focus too much on the negative reviews on sites like CNET.As far as price is concerned I'd like to spend around $200.00.

My current Digital camera is a Fujifilm Fine Pix 2600Zoom. I'd say its around 5yeras old. Itis only 2.0 megapixel, has a 1.0" X1.4" screen and has terrible battery life.

I'm sureany of the current ultracompacts would be vastly superior to thiscamera.

Thanks for any input
letenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2006, 12:44 PM   #2

Good question. I think if you own a digicam for more than a year, there are probably two newer models out there (from the same manufacturer) that offer a lot more features and improved features over what you have now. I currently own a Fuji S5100, which is a great camera. About the only things I don't like about it are shutter lag and low light performance. If I were to shop today to replace it (which I'm not), I would definitely consider the Fuji S5200 and the S6000...megazooms with better shutter lag times and better low light performance. The S6000 maintains good battery life with AA's, and adds a larger, higher resolution LCD, manual zoom and focus rings, a wider angle zoom, more MP (with a larger sensor)...gee...maybe I should start shopping while that $50 rebate is still in effect...hmmm....

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote