Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 19, 2006, 2:14 PM   #1

I am looking at getting my first ultra compact digital camera to have for my years at college and traveling. I am looking for a camera to take my adventure pictures and then can bring inside and take great quality pictures, 6+ megapixels, and willing to pay at most around $350 but don't want to overspend if I don't have to. I have been looking through countless cameras and forums trying to narrow down my options.

I've been looking at 3 particular cameras,the Sony DSC-W70, Canon SD630, and Canon SD700IS. I can't tell a major difference in comparing these cameras, and was hoping to get some opinions about these cameras.

Some dislikes I've read about are that the SD700 does not have an aperture-priority or shutter priority, and the memory sticks for Sony are annoying. What are you thoughts, and how important are these features?

Also, if you have any other recommendations for a great camera please feel free to mention them. Thank your very much for your time and thoughts.
KSUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:30 AM   #2

The manual settings will probably mean very little to you if you're asking. The IS on the Canons will be a big plus over the Sony though.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote