Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 19, 2006, 6:14 PM   #1

I currently have a Canon Powershot SD200. It's about two years old. I loved it at first but it's image quality seems to be quickly detiorating. I've also had to take it in for repairs twice - once for sand in the lens unit and once because I dropped it and broke the flash bulb. Normally wouldn't be upset about these repairs since they are user error. However, my old Canon Elph film camera NEVER needed any repairs despite almost 5 years of use.

I've heard Canon's are particularly delicate and are intended only to last a year or so.

I'm hoping to find something with greater endurance (I'm not rough to it, just don't want to have to buy a new one in 6 months).

However, I LOVE the features of the Canons and like the way they feel in my hand.

I take mostly snapshots but like to play with the features and attempt to get more artsy images of people and landscape.

Your advice is greatly apprecated!
hawaiicamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 12:26 AM   #2

Many ultracompacts are going to be easily broken, and all of them (except for a few Olympus's) will get sand and dirt in them if your around that environment.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote