Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 24, 2006, 8:23 AM   #1

I'm looking for a backup for my Canon S3 IS. I want it to be small enough that I can throw it in a purse or coat pocket, but it doesn't need to be teeny.

I want it to run on AA batteries, and SD memory cards because I already have tons of them. The SD card thing I could live without if the camera is absolutely perfect otherwise.

I'll be using it mainly for nights out with friends, so lots of low light/indoor shooting. A social camera type thing. But I'll also be using itin a random assortment of other situations. A bit of manual controlwould be cool, and I'd like a decent movie mode (although it doesn't need to be amazing, just enough to catch"those" moments).

It doesn't need to be more than 3 MP, andI don't want to pay more than 80$ or so.

I've been looking at the Canon a510/a520 andNikon 3200. Am I missing anything that fits the bill? Which of these cameras would be better for me?
DanaMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2006, 9:36 AM   #2

I use either a Sony S-600 or Kodak C-875 both of which I found on sale. Both are excellent and fit nicely in my purse. The Sony S-600 has been discontinued, but there is still inventory on hand and you can usuallyfind it for around $125. The Kodak C-875 is a bit more expensive.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2006, 12:11 AM   #3

I would stay with your picks of the Canons if you want to keep it under $80.
KALEL33 is offline   Reply With Quote