Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 25, 2006, 8:18 PM   #1

Hello, I'd like to upgrade from my Powershot A75 and would like any advice you many have. I'd like to stay under$200. My requirements are that it has good red-eye reduction (I always had a lot of red-eye with my A75), the ability to take fast pictures (when using the flash, the A75 takes a long time - my two children are less than 2 years old and don't believe in sitting still), and be able to take a very high quality photo (mostly for 4x6's but I alsolike enlarging and framing photos of them -5x7's & 8x10's). Idon't need manual controls cause I havenotime to learn(like I said I have 2 under 2).

I appreciate your advice. Thank you
markj290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2006, 10:08 PM   #2

If you do not need a lot of zoom, and a ton of resolution, take a look at the Sony S-600. Six mp, high ISO settings, and great images. It is going for $100 TO $125 and it is really quite a good little camera. It is no longer manufactured, but there is still considerable inventory on dealer shelves. it might be worth a good look.

Take a look at this link. These are S-600 images over at www.pbase.com:

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 1:46 PM   #3

I suggest you check out the Fuji F30. This is a camera with a reputation for performing in low light situations.

It's $251 at buydig.com, but there's a $50 mail in rebate and I believe shipping is free.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote