Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 2, 2006, 7:38 AM   #1

Hi there!
I was using a sony P-73 and I really liked it; it had great manual options like
  • manual exposure time
  • manual focus (0.5m,1m,3m,7m,oo)[/*]
I could take partypictures without autofocussing with a 'long' shuttertime, like 1second, and the focus on 3m.

Is it possible that there's no point & shoot camera available anymore that has these options? Is that correct? omFg!

Are there reasons that I shouldn't buy that camera (or maybe a better version, like a sony p92 or p93 again?)

thanks already!

Dimitri from Belgium
dM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2006, 8:03 AM   #2

The Fuji F-20 or F-30 are capable to taking party photos at normal shutter speeds due to their ability to use very high ISO speeds. You might want to check out those cameras.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 9:59 AM   #3

Hi MT, thanks for your answer; but it's not just for partypictures, you know.
I know that there exist a lot of camera's with higher ISO's, but I want to adjust the exposure time and focus by myself.
dM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 2:43 PM   #4

Hey there dM3,

Try a Canon. When I owned a Canon PowerShot A75 a little while ago,it had not only full auto mode, but shutter speed priority from 1/2000 second all the way to 15 second long exposure time. Plus, they have manual focus from I believe 2cm all the way to infinity. It also has f-stop priority for lighting conditions, indoor or outdoor. AND it has variable ISO from 50 to 400. Rember, this was a few years ago. They still have these features and more today. Tried and true. Canon has great lenses, image clarity, featuresand durability, all for a better price than anyone, including FujiFilm, can beat. Take a look at the PowerShot series. Here is a link to a camera very similar to my older one. Take a look and post any questions you may have. :-)

-=Greg Over=- is offline   Reply With Quote