Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:34 AM   #1

i'm a first time buyer of a digital camera and i'm not sure which one i should buy. I'm just looking for a compact camera that offers the best picture quality and a good number of features. I'm not a professional photographer and really just want the best camera for recreational and vacation photos. i'm looking for a camera that is easy to use and has good video quality. Im looking for a camera between 8 - 10 megapixels and I have narrowed my search down to two cameras: both manufactured by casio; Exilim Z1000 and Exilim Z850.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Unfortunately both cameras are very similar in everything but megapixels. They carry alot of the same features. The only two differences i have found is that the Z1000 has a complete digital menu and the Exilim Z850 has a dial on the back to access different modes of use. Another difference between the two is that the Exilim 1000 shoots video at 25 frames per second and Exilim Z850 shoots at 30 frames per second. Video is important to me, i know i'm not going to get camcorder quality out of a compact digital camera but i still like the option of good video.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I have read mixed reviews on both cameras and i have also been to the store to try them out. The prices for the two are basically the same wherever i go and i'm having trouble making a decision.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"please help!!!
jay b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links