Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:19 AM   #1

I´m searching for a digital camera, no matter the size, don´t need more than 6 Mp, to make good shots at low light/no light conditions and in the day too. Street, night partys, underground rock shows, I hate the flash!
Now I have a Canon A610 with an unusable 400 ISO. I don´t know if I want to search cameras with more ISOs or what. My budget its around $370. Canon S3IS it´s the top of my finantial efforts. (here in Argentina the price list is 550 us dollars)
belaxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:35 AM   #2

If you can use a flash and stay within a cameras rated flash range, many cameras will work fine.

But, if your goal is to take photos in low light without one, your best bet in a model that stays within your budget is the Fuji Finepix F30. It has available ISO speeds up to ISO 3200. Each time you double the ISO speed, a camera can use shutter speeds twice as fast for any given lighting and aperture.

Keep in mind that any camera has limitations, and this model's lens is brightest (largest available aperture, represented by the smallest f/stop number) at it's wide angle zoom position (least apparent magnification). So, don't zoom in any more that needed if trying to use it in low light, and be prepared to use a flash if motion blur becomes too much of a problem when light gets too low.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote