Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:52 PM   #1

Hello, new member here!

Looking for advice on a camera ($300 or less) for indoor use, to take photo's of renovated rooms such as kitchens, basements etc.Ease of use and well-placed controls for the fingers of a 6 ft, 250 lb man (husband). 5 mp would provide enough clarity. The Kodak EasyShare V570 appears interesting because it's wide-angle, but it doesn't have an image stabilizer (I am a P&S type) and is at the top range of my budget. As a less expensive alternative, I'm considering the Kodak C533. I've been browsing for days now (reviewed about 30 camera's and hit my limit)and getting more confused as I'mtechnically challenged. I have a Kodak EasyShare Z740 and love it but won't give it up as I'll never see it again.

I have learned (the hard way) better to read reviews and ask questions than look at specs. Your suggestions and experiences would be overwhelmingly welcome!

Flame50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 20, 2006, 4:45 PM   #2

Hi All,

No need to reply.

I have made a choice and a purchase. Within this site I found links to other reviews and forums which gave me all the info I needed to make a decision. Good site you have here. I hope to particpate in active discussions.

Kind Regards,

Ruth (aka Flame50)
Flame50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:07 AM   #3

Here's a tip...

So you are taking pictures of renovated rooms, to show off as examples of your work I assume?

Get a camera with stitch mode, all the Canon's have them.

Mount the camera on a tripod and take your pictures without flash. Rotate the camera on the tripod using the stitch mode to make a full panorama of your renovations.

It's not hard at all, and you can get by on a lower priced camera and a cheap $30 tripod. This will give a great result.

Here's a link that explains everything:http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/photostitch.htm
digraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2006, 7:28 AM   #4

What did you end up buying? You don't need IS for indoor shots that use flash. A tripod can, and should be used anyway even if you had IS.
cgl88 is offline   Reply With Quote