Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 22, 2006, 8:20 AM   #1

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Looking at these two models for a good zoom to take pictures inside at my youth center:

I would rather take photos from a distance rather than posed photos where the kids ham it up too much.

I also am an Ebay seller and need to take lots of product pictures. Usually I take the items outside to get more clarity of color. The indoor pictures I have taken lack quality and cannot capture the proper tints. I never know if this is my fault or the cameras'. I have tried all kinds of settings for indoor shots but it is never as good as the outdoor pictures.

I have sort of settled on the above two models for their price and zoom range but will happily accept any opinions and suggestions.

Have a great New Year!
sean148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2006, 1:30 PM   #2

Your needs (basically 2) pose some potential issues - that's probably why you haven't gotten too many replies to your original post (OK, just a little sarcasm, there). First, the inside pics;

In this case, the S5200 would most likely be superior to the H1, because it is better in low light situations (ISO 1600 vs. 400). However, when you start zooming, both cameras will let in even less light, and will make successful picture taking more difficult. The S5200 would still be better in this respect, IMHO.

In outdoor pics, on a sunny day, the H1 may have a little advantage at maximum zoom, because it has IS, which will reduce the effects of camera shake.

For the ebay pics, you need to set up some auxilliary lighting, like a light box. This will ensure the color accuracy of your pics.

I don't know what your price restraints are, but you may want to consider the Fuji S6000. It has a larger sensor than either of the other two, and is ISO 3200 capable, which will permit better low light shooting. It also has a wider angle lens (28mm), which may help getting everyone "in" those group shots. Nice website, by the way.

Good luck with your search.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2006, 12:19 AM   #3

Thanks Rinnie for the help..I appreciate the time and advice..Have a great New Year!
sean148 is offline   Reply With Quote