Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:57 PM   #1

I havent had much luck with digital camera since my first Olympus D550 Zoom a few years back. I wanted to upgrade to a smaller camera so I went to a Nikon Coopix 5200. That camera didnt work out too well. I then got a Fuji F10 last year. I have had my share of problems with this camera as well.

I am now looking for a new camera. I dont know much about taking pics other than turning it on and pressing the button. Thats all I really have to do with my Olympus and it worked pretty well.

I started my research process looking at the Canon S3. I really like the zoom. I then realized that the camera was just too big.

I then moved on to the Canon A640 but again the camera was just a bit too big for what I wanted.

I am now looking at the Canon SD700IS or SD800IS. I really think I would benifit from the IS otherwise the SD630 would suite me just find as far as features go.

The types of pic I take are generally of our kids. Usually the pics are taken inside with some outside.

So really I am looking for a good point and shoot camera to take pics of our kids. Nothing really fancy. Probaly the largest size pic we print is a 4x6 or maybe a 5x7. I dont think I ever edited a pic in Photoshop or anything else so that doesnt really matter.

Thanks for any input.

Netman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links