Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 29, 2006, 8:29 AM   #1

Hello all,

In a previous post I asked about decent cameras for taking family pics and that sort of thing.I am looking for a good all around zoom point and shoot camera with movie mode that will last us a couple of years before we feel we need to upgrade.

My question is, out of the three mentioned above (all within $100 of each other,) which gives me the most bang for my buck in terms of all around features that will provide a good camera. Chances are I will not be making large photos( larger than 8 X 10) and I will probably rarely use the real high end features for the kind of things I want to shoot like typical family stuff, however to have the options are nice. It seems these are all great camers for what I want to accomplish however, based on your experieces does one stand far above the others etc? Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers and happy new year,

justinjtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:34 PM   #2

In a reply to your previous post, I suggested the Fuji S6000. You apparently are now considering the S9000. I would advise against the S9000 for the following reasons...the S9000 is not as "user friendly" as the other cams you're looking at...there is definitely a learning curve to this one, and a lot of people have given up on it before they mastered it. There have been some problems with them, namely, the command dial seems to have a propensity to break off after a while. In addition, the S9000 does not have the same ISO capabilities as the S6000. Although they share the same lens, the S6000 has the F30 sensor, which blows away just about anything else in its class when it comes to low light performance. Just thought you should know.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote