Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 31, 2006, 1:11 PM   #1

My Canon 300D (Digi Rebel) just pooped out... I have had it since they arrived in stores (3 years?) and it has always performed well. Christmas morning it began giving me the "err 99" . I tried all the suggested fixes but nothing worked. I checked the shutter curtain (because the 'sound' I heard with the click of the shutter was not what I normally would have heard, like it was slow?) and I noticed on the bottom blade there were a few vertical marks. Not scratches, but more like rub marks.

I am assuming that the shutter will need to be replaced and have sent it for diagnostics.

I see from others that the cost will be 200+ . If replaced could I expect the same life span from the replacement?

I like the camera, it suits my needs and it seems reasonable to repair it, once.

Question is, do I get more for my money by upgrading. I've searched the net for a 'new" 300D, but only find refurbished and used. Has anyone had the 300 and upgraded to the 400 (XTi)? I'm interested to know if anyone is happier with the upgraded model and what the differences might be.

Also, will my 300 accessories fit the 400?

just picking some brains....

Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links