Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:37 PM   #1

have it down to two cameras. the canon s3is or the panasonic fz50. any comments, recommendations.
shotz216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2007, 2:05 AM   #2

What is your experience with digital cameras and what will you mainly be taking pictures of? Also, what is your budget?

robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 5:50 AM   #3

Im far from a expert on cameras but I can tell you ive done a lot of research on the internet about these cameras. And it was a VERY hard decision to make a choice. To me in the JPEG format it seemed all the superzooms took a good picture. And one had this, and the other had that, and this didnt have that:?:shock:. It just makes you so confused and frustrated on what to get!! So I came to the conclusion they would all take a good picture and figure out who had the best construction and case design for my choice. Well when I went to all the stores to check out the superzooms I found one camera out of all the rest to be by far the best built design of them all IN MY OPINION for the superzooms. Nice solid feel. No rubber pieces for entrys to the plug ins. Instead nice solid plastic door hinges. A nice solid battery compartment cover. I was confident that if this one went with me it was going to stay together. And that camera sure was hard to find in central Florida to try out. For me it was the FZ-50 and mine should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Hope this helps a little

Serafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:57 PM   #4

It´s easy, the Fz50 will deliver the better pictures, it has thebetter lens, moreresolution better focus and better image quality overall on the other hand the S3 is a more compact camera, isable to take nice pictures too is much cheaper and has better movie quality, which is better? IMHO the fz50, which is a better value for the price? depends on what you´re looking forof the camera
flash110 is offline   Reply With Quote