Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: What is the Best All Around Camera For the Class and Price?
Panasonic FZ7 4 80.00%
Sony CyberShot H2 0 0%
Canon S2IS 0 0%
FujiFilm 5200 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:02 PM   #1

I recently purchased the Panasonic FZ7, one the most highly recommended cameras for the class and price. I would have gladly purchased the Canon S3IS, but it was simply out of my price range. In terms of the best "all around" camera, (in terms of best features, picture quality, etc)is the Panasonic better in comparison to the S2IS? I know the specs of the two cameras, so I'm asking for personal opinion. As well I recently purchased a 1GB SanDisk Extreme III SD memory card. I understand its performance cababilities, but as always, I wantanother professionalopinion. Thanks a lot...

-=Greg Over=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2007, 1:40 PM   #2

BecauseI teach digital cameras, I happen to own the Canson S2 IS, the Panasonic FZ-7 and the Sony H-5. The each handle thins somewhat differently.

The Canon S-2 IS has a great video clip capability, and it excellent with good outdoor lighting. It is poor for existing light photos where ISO 400 must be used.

The Panasonic FZ-7 has a great lens and does very well in good outdoor lighting. It can be used for existing light as long as only ISO 200 and under is used.

The Sony H-5 is the best all around ultrazoom camera and can handle exist light quite well up to ISO 400.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote