Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:07 PM   #1

I am trying to decide between these two cameras. I have a Canon Powershot S40 now that I have had for approx. 6-7 years and its starting to have some problems. Therefore, I am looking for a new camera. I have really liked the Canon and was intersted in sticking with a Canon.

I take mostly pictures on vacation and pictures of my kids and family. I am looking for a camera that is pretty quick in shot to shot time and shutter lag. I miss lots of shots right now because of the slowness of my current camera even depressing the button halfway to prefocus. The S3 seems a tad bulky but I would be willing to go with a bulkier camera if its what I need to be able to get that zippyness I am looking for. I am not sure if I really need the big zoom on the S3 or not.

I know that red-eye reduction can slow down a camera but I am looking for good results in that department. My son and I are both have very light eyes and we constantly look like the devil. Most of the time I can fix it editing programs but sometimes its just too bad.

Thanks for the input.

I am willing to consider other brands if anyone has any better suggestions.

Oh shoot! should I consider the SD900?
nwilliams227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links