Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:58 AM   #1

My Sony N1 got stolen from me (never use Transcab in Singapore).

So now I'm deciding between the Sony N2 (the upgrade in essence) and the Sony T50.

The Sony N2 has more megapixels (10) compared to the Sony T50 (7.2) but the Sony T50 has anti-blur features. Even the guy at the Sony Centre said this alone made the T50 better than the N2 (and the T50 is cheaper so one assumes that his point has some validity).

Are there any others that I should consider? I don't want the Canon SD550.

Cheers in advance.
Singapore_Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:49 AM   #2

Check Steves just released news on the new Sony cameras officially announced today, dpreview has the specs on the new cameras.

If you need a camera in a hurry have a look at the Sony DSC-W100 as it is 8 mpix using the larger sensor 1/1.8", the T50 is only1/2.5".
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:50 AM   #3

Can't wait to see the reviews on those new Sony cameras. If they put a transflective screen on the T100 and it compares to the T50 for noise I might get one. A 1/1.7 sensor is moving in the right direction IMO. And Sony makes most of the better ones except for Fuji.

If you need something soon my preference would be for the T50 unless you need the extra pixels. I like the combination of optical stabilization and decent ISO400 noise. The N2 is probably comparable for noise with the larger sensor. I don't think I would like the touch screen too much, but you have experience with that.

7 Mp is plenty for most people. My 7Mp camera makes very good 13 X 19 prints. More pixels would be a smidgen better, but 7Mp is quite good up to that size.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 2:10 AM   #4

Moved to here:

Singapore_Air is offline   Reply With Quote