Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 3, 2007, 8:59 PM   #1

hi there...

getting frustrated with all the options. i would like to buy a (ultracompact)dig camera that has the following features ( **in order of importance):

- very compact

- doesnt take 3 seconds (and 5 flashes) to takea picture after pressing the button (ideally 0.5 seconds???)

- can also record audio only

- can shoot long videos (fill up the card if need be)

- decent pic quality (at least 3 Megapixels?)

been looking at pentax optio (S6?) but people r complaining on amazon that its takes a few seconds to shoot pics. i guess im willing to spend the few extra bucks ($350?) to get all these features above....any advice would be geatly appreciated!

thanks much! ilan
ilanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2007, 11:30 PM   #2

If you want to take a lot of long movies you might look at the Casio S770. It has MPEG4 movies, which take a lot less space for decent quality movies. You will also enjoy the past movie mode. The camera is pretty fast for both lag and cycle time and is extremely slim. It will record hours of audio.

If you plan to get a large card and how much space the movies take up isn't that important, the Canon SD700 in an excellent camera for speed and quality. It isn't as skinny as the S770 but it is quite small.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote