Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:06 PM   #1

I can get these for the same priceat Jessops in the UK, £199. I am torn between them, the FZ7 has a better zoom but is bigger in size, I think it might be more awkward to carry around. It does seem to have a bigger lens - does this matter at all?

They both have IS which I would quite like and both seem to have plenty of maual control as I would like to learn more about photogrpay and play around with different settings.

I have read reviews on both and the Panasonic seems to suffer from noise perhaps but I don't know if this really make much difference to me day to day?

I asked in the shop and they helpfully said that the Panasonic is "more professional" whatever that means. One girl said she would always recommend Panasonic over any other make?!

Anyone does ayone know gven the same price which is the better camera?
gz5ztg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2007, 2:30 PM   #2

You are trying to compare an apple to an orange...a compact to a mega-zoom. You're asking us which is better...a sports car or a pickup truck - they're both the same price.

What are you shopping for? Price? Quality? Features? What type of pictures will you mostly be taking? Will you be needing a powerful zoom? If so, look at other mega-zooms. Do you need something that will fit in your pocket? Then look at other compacts.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote