Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 21, 2007, 12:24 AM   #1

Which way would you go if you had to choose between the two and why?

Some believe that the S5 would give you better image quality. And if you want that "film look" then the S5 is the way to go. Yet I read that it's very slow when it's writing RAW files. Not good in my book. Eventhough I'm not a working photographer and just a hobbyist. And when in "Auto ISO" the range is only 200-1600 (100-1600 on the D200). And the max fps is 3 (5 fps on the D200). Battery life is similar to the D200 at around 400 shots per charge. On the other hand the S5 is said to offer cleaner pictures even at high ISO.

On the other hand the D200 is more flexible. Allowing you a little more opportunity to get your shots in more situaitons.

And how is it that Fujifilm can use the exact same body design as the D200?? Obviously they got permission from Nikon. But, since whenhas one manufacterer licence key technologies to another company? I think this might be a first. Especially from one of their star players. The D200. Are the suits at Nikon sipping bad Sake?? Sheeeesh...

But quirky business moves aside I am still considering the Nikon D200x (or D200) along with the S5 and the upcoming Canon 40D.

What say you?

DarkDTSHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2007, 1:29 AM   #2

Would LOVE to see that comparison . . . hint, hint . . .

Keep on, keepin' on. . .

ps. and thanks for the site . . .

fastglass is offline   Reply With Quote