Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:56 AM   #1

Bear with me: I'm a dermatologist needing an office camera for taking macro pictures of skin lesions using a magnifying dermoscope. I have already purchased the adapter/conversion rings for the Sony Cybershot DSC-W series (my first one was stolen!).

I need to be able to use the macro function (the dermoscope provides a fixed distance from the skin greater than 2cm).

Before the W70 is sold out after being discontinued, should I purchase it or the new W55? It would seem to me that the W70 possibly has better quality something-or-other, since its closeout prices are just about *starting* prices on the W55! Why is this?

I would also want to compare these two cameras on the usual point-and-shoot capabilities for travel/family use. I'm tempted to buy 2 (in case of breakage/theft, I still have one to fit my scope) -- should I buy one of each, or two W70's before they're defunct?

Here's my research thus far:
skindeepdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2007, 3:44 AM   #2

dear dermatologist,

obviously two cameras would be an ideal situation, you could leave one in the office, and take one along as your point and shoot.

I searched around for these two, check out the links I found

sharon.hall77 is offline   Reply With Quote