Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 4, 2007, 1:52 PM   #1

I read the Sony H2 vs Canon S3 thread.

Although I'm still considering a Canon G7, I now seem a bit more interested in a H9. Its a physically bit larger then the G7, but I would sacrifice the compact size for more versatility and better low light photos. I'm not ready to go to a DSLR.

On DPReview it seems all of the G7 photos are outside at ISO80, they look great. I like indoor shots too. I want to take photos, (indoor and outdoor) and maybe print up to 11x 14.

The H9 has a larger sensor (and lower MP) the then G7 so can I assume it may produce better photos. How will the H9 compare with the S3?

I've worked for a major computer company and I've learned that you never buy the newest product as soon as it released. Should I be concerned about this with the H9?

Biff vonMises is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2007, 2:14 PM   #2

Based on the fact that we know pretty well the heritage (H-2/H-5) that the new Sony H-9 is coming from, I personally would not hesitate to go with the Sony H-9. Looking at the specifications, it looks to be more of thesame with some improvements to the H-5.

However, because the price of the H-9 is nearing the price range of the consumer level DSLR cameras, you should also consider them as well. However, when you add to a consumer level DSLR body a lens equivalent to the lens on the H-9, the price really soars radically.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2007, 3:59 PM   #3

Here's a side by side review of the Sony H5 vs the Canon S3:

gerrydee is offline   Reply With Quote