Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:56 AM   #1

This will be the first time I will have bought a camera of any kindand I'm going on 30. I know nothing about cameras, whether digital oranalog. what I do know is that I have to go down to court next week and argue the case that my landlord rented me a bed bug-infested apartment. To that end, I need a camera that will take some qualityphotosof these bites all overmy body, unlike my mom's analog camera.My price range is $200 and under, and preferably under $150. Please help if you could!!!

lenfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:03 AM   #2

Rest assured. Any digital camera reviewed on Steves-digicams.comis capable of taking the kinds of pictures you want.

Perhaps, for your purposes, photos would not be as effective as the actual presentation ofyour wounds.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 6:04 AM   #3

My advise would be to go find a friend with a camera and have them take the pictures you want...No need to buy a camera to do this, unless you want the camera anyway...
John at the Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:23 PM   #4

Yes, I want a camera for personal use as well. You mean to tell me no one on this forum is willing to recommend a specific camera for a beginner?
lenfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 2:38 PM   #5

For a beginner with that budget the fuji finepix A610 is a good camera. It also leaves a little room in your budget for a good memory card.
clbryant1981@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 3:00 PM   #6

I'll suggest a few:

F31fd and A570IS are a bit over budget, but were worth including just to look. Canon A series and Kodak C series both offer easy to use, good value budget cameras. The other here, Fuji F20, Sony W35, Casio Z700, are a bit more compact/pocketable.

kenbalbari is offline   Reply With Quote