Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 23, 2007, 10:34 PM   #1

[suB][suP]hi, im new here!can someone help me decide and could give some of their thoughts on the digicams i'm planning to buy very soon!my choices are [/suP][/suB][suB][suP]Ixus 800IS , Ixus 70 with face detectionbutno IS and Pentax A30 w/ shutter priority & manual exposure mode and employs the DivX (MPEG-4 compliant) movie format... [/suP][/suB]

[suB][suP]thanks in advance... =)[/suP][/suB]

jade888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2007, 9:57 AM   #2

What's an Ixus?

No one can really suggest "what's best" without you defining your photographic needs/expectations. Lacking that I'd suggest you start with Steve's Best Cameras list:

ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 10:36 AM   #3

Ixus = European name for Canon's SD (Digital Elph) series. I think the Ixus 800 is the Canon SD800IS but I am trusting my very fallible memory here...
dpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2007, 3:17 PM   #4

I've been watching the compact camera market for over six months here in the UK hovering between the Canon A700, then the A710IS - comparing the "Stars" definition onon the Stars & Stripes flag at the yacht club (?) in Steve's sample images and various other comparable reference points in the other pictures. However when the FinePix A800 came out with 8 MP and a 1/1.6" CCD at £99I jumped in. Saving was about £90 compared to the Canons.The FinePix images seem amazingly good - noise relatively low though the colours appear perhaps a little less vibrant than apparent in a Canon. CCD specs seem amazing witha dual light sensitivity system apparently being used. Waiting for the review of this FinePix to appear to see how itshapes up!
FusionPete is offline   Reply With Quote