Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 27, 2007, 5:54 PM   #1

I have three digital camera as option to buy:

1. Kodak EasyShare P712 Digital Camera
2. Canon PowerShot S2 IS or S3 IS Digital Camera
3. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50K

What is the best???
What I need is best Shutter Speed, best quality of photography and etc, and od course you experience...

or recommendation for another digital camera in this class and in this price...

zgembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2007, 6:37 AM   #2

" What is the best???"

That is a very difficult question to answer, because there is no one camera that is 'best' for every situation. From your post, we have no idea what type of photography you are most interested in. You only told us that you want the best shutter speed and the best photo quality. Best shutter speed is measurable...best quality is not. A camera may take excellent pictures outside an a sunny day, but if you move inside and try to take a picture, the results may not be too impressive. The same camera that takes great closeup pictures of an insect on a flower may not take very good pictures of a bird on top of a tree. All of the cameras you have listed will take excellent pictures under certain conditions. All of the cameras you have listed have drawbacks.

Let me add a few more cameras to your list...Fuji S6000FD and S9100; Sony H7 and H9.

Take a look at the specifications. Take a look at the features. Let us know which is most important to you...is video important? Is available (low) light photography important? Long range wildlife shots? Sports action shots? How much flash photography will you be doing? Macro? Landscapes?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote