Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:55 PM   #1

I am quite taken with the whole concept of these camera twins. Is it worth the wait and the extra $$$ for the Leica which, I understand, took the Panasonic and upgraded the already satisfactory optics to a higher level that sounds like it is worth the extra expense. The Leica is impossible to get right now...am I making a mistake waiting or would the Panasonic be quite ok? Or even the Canon S3 ?? in that same category? I'm willing to put out the bucks for a superb unit. Thanks much.
j42north is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:47 PM   #2

Same camera - same lens...the only difference I can see is image processing adjustments (???) and about $300 more dollars. If you want to spend $850 dollars, buy yourself a DSLR.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2007, 1:06 AM   #3

I wouldn't wait and I wouldn't spend the extra $$$. I would go for the FZ50..... Or think about a DSLR.

I bought a FZ30 a year a go, and I wish I desided to buy a DSLR than, it would have saved me a lot of money and time to convince my wife to upgrade. But hey.... the FZ50 is an excellent camera, and if your choice is to buy a bridge camera, then the FZ50 is a very good choice. I think it has way more control than the Canon S3 and has a better and faster lens, better flash etc. The S3 is better inmovie mode.....

Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote