Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 4, 2007, 9:54 AM   #1

Hello.....I am looking to buy a new digital camera. I must say that I really have no clue as to what to look for as far as specs. My current camera is old, really old. Its a Sony Cybershot 2mp. Pictures come out really bad when printed sometimes. SO i was thinking of upgrading to higher mp and better zoom. I am not a professional at all. Just a SAHM with 3 boys who wants decent pictures without spending a fortune. The cameras that I was looking at were:

Canon A630

KodakEasyShare z710

I will admit I thought the higher the mp the better the camera, but after reading some posts, doesnt seem to be true.

I just want good pics. Camera that has decent flash recharge (I hate the delay of the flash....with lil ones lose some good pictures). And the ability to blow up some pics and not have them grainy. Any help would be great.
ecspc06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2007, 10:04 PM   #2

If the Z710 is on your list I'd strongly suggest you consider the Z612. It's only a few bucks more, longer zoom and OIS. I'm biased but I'm very satisfied withmy Z612. Over in the Kodak forum someone went ahead and bought a 710 even though several suggested the 612. In a week he was back asking how to do something (exposure bracketing) that the Z612 has built in.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote