Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 7, 2007, 11:36 AM   #1

I have been using a Kodak DC290, but need a new one.

I need to be able to put a text caption on the actual image from the camera. Much like they used to put the date on the image.

I'm in remote 3rd world countries and cannot use a laptop PC to post edit the pictures later.

helloseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2007, 8:46 AM   #2

I have searched, off and on, for a camera meeting your requirements since you posted this and there doesn't seem to by anything in the market currently that will allow adding text (beyond time/date) to the image.

I presume you need this as a form of note taking. Would a co-joined audio file suffice? If so the Canon S3IS will record 60 sec. of audio per image.

Hope this helps.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2007, 9:31 AM   #3

Thanks for looking. I work for a missions organization which does funding thru the child sponsorship model.

The DC290 was great because it had a builtin scripting language. I i had a little input screen which would let you enter the child ID. The script would then put that text into the image via the annotating feature. BUT, it would also store that value in one of the jpg information fields that are available. (I think I use the copyright field).

The voice annotation is the closest I can find, but I just don't see how in practice that would be usable. Seems to be too much room for error.

Thanks for looking though.

helloseth is offline   Reply With Quote