Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old May 13, 2007, 12:33 PM   #1

Unfortunately, my good old Canon SD300 is finally starting to show signs of wear and need replacing. It's served me very well, but the controls have clearly been used too much and are starting to periodically stop working properly. So, on to something new.

I'm looking for something very small and pocketable. I like that I can have my SD300 and my RAZR in my jeans pocket right now, and I want to keep it that way. I also would like something with optical image stabilization, as my biggest complaint with the SD300 is fuzzy pictures in low-light. So, I've come to the list in the subject. Any opinions between these? Unfortunately, Steve hasn't reviewed the Nikon or the Sony yet, as they're brand new. I looked at them all at Best Buy, and I have to say the Nikon is slick. But I want to make sure I get the best picture out of them and that I'm not taking a step backward in any way.

Speaking of which, my SD300 has an aperture of f/2.8-f/4.9. I believe the Nikon has f/3.3-f/4.2, the Sony has f/3.5-f/4.3, and the Canon has f/2.8-f/5.8. Will I notice a big difference with the Nikon or Sony at the wide-end, or will the difference be fairly negligible. I'm just learning about aperture here, so I'm not sure I know the practical meaning of the numbers.
chad515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links